Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Onigiri Bento Box Lunches


So, while at Uwagimaya on Saturday I purchased some rice molds to make onigiri (rice balls) as well as some seasoning, and some plastic sushi grass. I got the idea for bento box lunches from a Nichole, a sister from my Chi Omega days. So this morning I made some steamed rice in our rice cooker, mixed in the seaweed and sesame seed seasoning and then formed onigiri in the shape of bears, stars, hearts and cubes. In the pictures above there is: Emma's bento box lunch with carrots, hot dog pieces, a star shaped cheese slice, a smiley bear onigiri, a star onigiri with sprinkles and a cube onigiri, and then my bento box lunch with onigiri, cheese, lunch meat, pickles and carrots. This was very fun to make today, I hope Emma enjoys eating it while at daycare too. I've also ordered some special bento box lunch box sets from ebay but they probably won't get here until December as they are coming straight from Japan!


Off topic but I just wanted to include a picture of Sydney and her carved pumpkin from Grandpa Dan's last night too!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Emma wasn't a fan of the onigiri but she did eat all the hotdogs, the cheese and some carrots. Lucky for us McKenzie and myself really do love the rice balls :) I'll have to look for some different flavors that Em may like, or some sauce for her to dip into, she LOVES to dip things!

    ReplyDelete