Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Afternoon at Uwajimaya


Today the girls and I spent the afternoon at Uwajimaya Japenese Grocery store, and then had lunch at their restaurant. We had a great time with Grandma Jean and now Emma is spending the night with grandma and I'm enjoying a quiet Saturday evening at home while McK is DJing a party and Sydney is sleeping soundly in her swing :)

I'm getting all the supplies together to begin creating Bento style lunches for Emma to take with her once a week at daycare come January. I've ordered a couple of really cute kids lunch box sets from Japan and so for fun went to Uwajimaya today where I found some molds to use to create mini "onigirl" or rice balls in fun shapes including: cubes, stars, and animals, I'll post more about those once I try them out!

After we explored the store and did a little shopping we dropped our goods off in the car and I fed Sydney then we returned for lunch in their restaurant. We ordered Emma a rice ball with sour plum filling. She at first sight shouted, "CAKE!!!" Soon she was digging in and soon was unsure of what to do as sticky rice was covering her fingers and she couldn't get it off, it was a pretty funny sight! She did eat most of the riceball, and it was quit fun to watch her disect her meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment