Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ho Ho Ho Holidays!

I am really excited to be sitting by a warm fire and a decorated Christmas tree this evening after putting my girls to bed! We had a busy weekend and I was lucky enough to get a little nap in this Sunday afternoon!

We started the weekend off by continuing our tradition of taking a trip to Hallmark to pick out our ornaments for the year. Sydney got her baby's first Christmas ornament, a winnie the pooh selection, Emma picked out an iceskating Mickey and Minnie mouse, McKenzie found a Batman and I got another Santa ornament. Just as we were about to leave I spied some very cute stockings. I'd been on the hunt for just the right stockings for the girls and was very excited to see these! Everywhere I'd been looking I'd found stockings but the fabric seemed to thin, or they were covered by cartoon characters that were very popular right now, and I wanted something more classic.
So, these stockings are perfect! Emma chose the snowman and we picked the reindeer for Sydney. They each have a little chalk board where we can write the kids names, and a little pocket to hold the chalk. I figure when they are bigger they can practice writing their names themselves and that will be fun! As for now, I've written their names and they are hung with care on the hearth.

On Saturday, we had many plans, McKenzie started off the day prepping a turkey that he then took to a friends house to fry/eat while they watched the civil war. Lucky for us all the Ducks won the game and continued with their perfect season. While McKenzie was gone the girls and I began our morning with their first shared bath.












Later my mom came and picked up Emma to play at her house and then we meet back up at Aunt Nancy's for cousing Hudson's third birthday party. It was a very busy, tiring, but great day!

Sunday was yet another adventure. We went out to Ramsby's tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. My mom and Ayaka and Akari joined us and we had a great time finding just the right tree, cutting it down and then having a bit of cocoa before returning home to continue with holiday festivities.


We all had fun playing in the trees, and Emma even got to "drive" a little tractor as we got ready to head home!





















Once we got home McKenzie got our tree all set up. I started some fresh sugar cookies and we shared a lunch of sandwiches and sandwich wraps. I covered our tree in lights and then the decorating ensued! Akaria, Ayaka, Emma, my mom and myself unwrapped and hung many ornaments with care. When we were done it looked just perfect :)



















After decorating the tree, we spent some time decorating cookies. Emma was so focused, she concentrated on placing sprinkles just perfectly onto her cookie. Then licked them off, got a new color of frosting and placed more sprinkles again.










Later that evening Sydney had her daily meal of rice cereal. this is about her 7th day of the cereal and she has caught on to eating from a spoon much quicker than Emma did at this age. She is still very messy but loves the cereal and I can't seem to feed her fast enough most evenings. Lately she has taken to clasping her hands in front of her while she eats, sometimes sucking on her fingers after I've given her a bite. It's just so cute! Sydney suddenly seems to be growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment