Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Preparing for Next Year! A new go at freezer cooking for the Moorhead Household!

A few weeks ago I learned that one of my benefits through our insurance is the opportunity to participate in Weight Watchers with out having to pay. We are able to get 14 meeting vouchers and as long as I attend 10 or more meetings in a 14 week period, I can get an additional 14 vouchers for more meetings. I can do this up to 4 times per calendar year. So, I've ordered my vouchers (which should be arriving any day now) and plan to begin weight watchers next week after our Christmas weekend has passed.

This evening I discovered a blog chock full of weight watcher recipes. All the portions have been figured out per recipe and the point value per serving is included. So, I'm prepping this evening for my shopping trip tomorrow. I began by selecting recipes to try, aiming to get about 60 servings of dinner entrees as well as trying a lunch item, and a couple of desserts. Here is our menu for the upcoming month:

Spinach Tortellini Soup
turkey Croquettes
Baked Ziti with Spinach
Minestrone Soup
Santa Fe Chicken
Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas
Italian Spinach Meatballs
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Turkey Burgers with Zuchinni
Pomegranate Scones
No Bake Fudgey Snowballs
Banana Pancakes
Carrot Cupcakes

Once I'd selected the recipes I put together a shopping list for tomorrow. I am now ready to brave the grocery store with my two little girls tomorrow morning (first Monday of Christmas break) as soon as we are all up, fed and ready to go.

I'm looking forward to putting these meals together. I am planning on packaging them differently this time though. Since we will be counting points I'll be freezing meals in either single or double servings which in essence means that some evenings we could potentially all be eating different meals. However, since all the cooking will be done ahead of time it will not entail additional work from myself or my hubby!

Pictures of completed ready to freeze meals to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment