Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Bento Lunches November 1st 2010



This morning I worked on lunches for today :)
Here is my special helper who really loved sampling bits and pieces of foods as I cut out fun shapes!

I made some extra rice balls with leftover sticky rice and decoratede them with seaweed making happy faces, a dog or pig I'm unsure which it resembles the most and a couple of plain
onigiri with the seaweed for the simple purpose of a place to hang onto.

In addition to the onigiri(riceballs) I made cut outs with cheese, pepperoni, turkey lunch meat and carrots.

Decorated with a couple of radishes that have some of the color punched out! It was really fun to try to get creative and play with our food!


This is my lunch that I'm taking to work today. The riceballs are just plain sticky rice with a splash of rice vinegar.



This is McKenzie's lunch. He has leftover taco soup from last night, some tortilla chips, a radish, celery sticks, and pieces of an apple pear eggroll from my cooking day!
Who knew lunch could be so fun?

1 comment:

  1. Love the fall colors on the bento lunches and on your page, too!

    ReplyDelete